Every couple of years I rebuild my main development VPS for some reason or another. Months ago I realised that I had gradually worked my way up the DigitalOcean spec list but was now using a fraction of the resources. I held off rebuilding too soon though as I was relying on the IP address assigned for access to a particular work network. However, now that situation is resolved with something far less brittle it's time to get on with it.
Regular readers of this blog will no doubt have noticed my recent obsession with migrating websites away from servers I have to maintain onto servers where I do not. This week's task was to move a PHP site to static hosting with minimal effort.